A wife shares her story about planning to leave her husband

Welcome fellow slaves. You've just found the penis-shaped door to freedom. GET ON YOUR FUCKING FEET. We're going to help you. You've had a lifetime of shame under feminism. Now it's time to turn the tables on your masters. It's time to let the world know that you matter, that you will not sit there like a little bitch and just take it.
Forum rules
This section is open to the public. Feel free to post questions, criticisms or comments. Thank you.

A wife shares her story about planning to leave her husband

Postby Professor » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:00 pm

This is the full transcript of a candid conversation held in our public chatroom (you can find the chatroom at the bottom of this page). We get visitors from all walks of life, asking us questions and sharing their stories. This one involves a wife who is planning on leaving her husband because she's no longer attracted to him. Her reasons are pretty enlightening and serve to highlight the importance of the things we teach men here.
social interaction is an interruption.

shape or be shaped.
Professor
Dean of Beatdowns

Re: A wife shares her story about planning to leave her husb

Postby Professor » Mon May 23, 2011 7:59 am

Caitlin Flanagan gives women some relationship advice:

shape or be shaped.
Professor
Dean of Beatdowns

Postby DallasDad » Tue May 24, 2011 7:33 am

I have not read Ms. Flanagan's book, but if I understand her thesis, it is that men are responsible for their families and that their wives should support them the best that they can. What a shocking and controversial thing to say. Like some of the critics on this site, Colbert asks her if this means that husbands should be able to have their wives lobotomized.

It should not even need to be said that men support legal parity and human rights for all people. The editors of this site correctly point out that the only reason "legal parity" is even a concept, much less implemented in our society, is because of the efforts of men to make it happen and keep it that way.

In other words, Ms. Flanagan's thesis is obviously and indisputably correct, and people who attack her message are really attacking the fundamentals of our free and egalitarian society.
DallasDad
Small boy from Nigeria

Postby Swanster » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:56 pm

It's a shame that he can't refrain from acting like an attention deficient clown long enough to allow her to get into any depth about her book or ideas. I really would have liked to listen to her.
Swanster

Postby Ace » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:07 pm

This sounds a lot like my story only I'm the dude. I felt like it was my ex talking. I must admit, I am quite embarrassed about coming on this site as often as I do. The ebook was so riveting, I constantly come on these forums to gain more information because i felt like the book was just a scratch of the surface. Last week I didnt get much work done at my job because i was so wrapped up in the book.

I used to blame my son's mother for her taking him and leaving me in the dust. There is nothing more humiliating than sleeping in the room you grew up in after living on your own with a woman for many years. I always talked bad about her every time an opportunity presented itself. But I realize that I failed to govern the relationship. I failed to exercise my authority as as a man and I'm man enough to admit that. Now I'm not saying the bitch ain't crazy, but I shoudlve got a hold on it before it got out of hand. She was my first, so I always had this attitude like; " dont mess this up Ace. you finally got someone to have sex with you." but because of my cautionary behavior I didnt act like a man and ultimately messed it up anyway.

I started reading the Bible, and I got really into it, and if I let her tell the story that is why she left. But I know that was just her finally having an excuse to leave so she wouldn't look bad. A lot of what is in your book is biblical. That is what draws me to it. I use the Bible as the standard in my life, and anything I learn that can be filtered by the Bible is true. As i read the book I found myself saying; "oh that's that scripture!" I am convinced of your work sirs. And when I get the money up, you will see me.
Ace

Postby Professor » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:40 pm

From Jezebel.com (a man-hating feminist site):

Traditional Masculinity and Sexual Preferences
Aug 2, 2014

I have a bit of a weird relationship with "traditional masculinity". I've looked critically at it enough to know how much damage it does as a paradigm. I've seen the harm it can do to both men and women on an individual level. I've been subject to the violence it encourages. But despite all that, holy shit does it ever turn me on.

Yup. That is Harvey Specter with a baseball bat.

There's just something about assertiveness (let's be real, sometimes flat out arrogance) that does it for me. No matter how much I can be attracted to someone emotionally and intellectually, my swoons only happen when confronted by a powerful, competent man.

This has lead to some issues in my personal life. Who knew being attracted almost exclusively to men that inherently make bad partners wouldn't work out well for me? Eventually I got my shit together and started dating my husband, who is the kindest most gentle man in the entire world. And when we started dating he had enough of that traditional masculinity going for him that he could be kind and respectful to every single person he encountered without losing any of the swoon factor.

But, over the years things have changed. And I'm stuck. He talks in a "baby voice" half the time, rarely puts himself together or commands the attention of the room like he used to. This is the guy that stepped into my dorm room and immediately fixed my broken towel hook, now I can't get him to throw away a broken computer I've been asking him to for 3 moves. Yes, you read that right, a broken computer made it through the cut for 3 moves.

So I'm in a weird place. On the one hand, I don't want our home to be a place where someone isn't free to be who they are. And I especially don't want it to be a place that requires an oppressive paradigm. I am absolutely against it in every rational way, but on the other hand my heart only races when it's around. I haven't had serious attraction to my husband in a long time. And that's an issue.

Where are you at with traditional masculinity? Have you gone through something similar? Any advice? I brought up seeing a marriage counsellor when he gets home in October (summers are long distance for us).

shape or be shaped.
Professor
Dean of Beatdowns

Postby Turd Fergason » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:33 am

I may have something to add here. I'm in my mid-30s and have been married for over a decade. My wife came very close to cheating on me/leaving me, and really the only thing that stopped her was she was extremely fat. All she could get away with was doing things online with guys while using other women's photos in order to hide how fat she was.

The only reason I didn't divorce her was our children, but after I accepted my situation I wanted to improve my marriage. We tried counselling, and therapy. I genuinely wanted to fulfill her needs because I was raised to believe that women were inherently good, and that if you give them what they want, they'll be happy. Needless to say I was raised by a single-mother.

Anyway, after I caught her on more than one occasion falling back into her old ways (creating fake profiles on dating sites using pictures of other women to get male attention), I told her that I was tired of her bullshit. I installed tracking software on her phone so that I could read her texts, social media, and phone calls whenever I wanted. I did the same to my phone so it would be "fair" (I've got nothing to hide), the app can be found here if anyone is facing a similar issue: [faggot link removed]

Anyway after her initial meltdown, I told her that I wasn't going to put up with her anymore and she could leave if she wants. I didn't care if she got the kids and half my money. I wasn't putting up with it anymore, and it was my way or the highway. I expected her to leave. I was prepared for her to leave. She didn't leave though, but said she was sorry, and we haven't had a problem since. Our marriage is actually better than ever, despite being married for over a decade. I went from not getting laid for weeks (sometimes once a month), to having HER initiate sex about twice a week (we both work, or it would be more).

Once I established my authority and demanded obedience, happiness and order followed. This all happened before I learned about Manhood Academy, but it's given validation and context to what happened to me, and I hope my story helps someone else.
Turd Fergason
Small boy from Nigeria

Postby Professor » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:59 am

if you think recommending an app to track your cheating spouse is going to help someone, you have your head up your ass.

instead of following your delusional plan, we recommend an ounce of prevention.

shape or be shaped.
Professor
Dean of Beatdowns

Return to The Underground Railroad