The ebook has problems

Feel free to grade our work. Don't hold back the butthurt. Also hear from children around the world who've had their lives UNFUCKED by the academy!
Forum rules
This section is open to the public. Feel free to post questions, criticisms or comments. Thank you.

Re: The ebook has problems

Postby JAR » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:45 am

dissection wrote:This makes me so fucking angry :angry-tappingfoot:

Fuck, I was super excited when I logged on today to see a new post in the review section from a pink name... I thought I was going to get a treat of being able to read some worked-up, boiling with rage, and over the top post. All I got was 6 words and a smiley..

dissection, being fucking angry doesn't express a whole lot to me. That reaction is lame and boring. I want to hear what exactly is making you angry, I want to feel every little detail so that you can put me in your shoes to show me how mad you are. People would enjoy reading your posts way more if you would expand.
JAR
Jedi Bonersaber

Re: The ebook has problems

Postby Perseus » Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:48 pm

LMAO Prof. Plum. Fucking love your work here.
Perseus

Re: Pretty Good

Postby berry » Thu May 10, 2012 2:06 am

Prof.Plum wrote:what can the nay-sayers really do against something that's true?

if hitler gave us the theory of gravity instead of newton, would gravity work any differently?

the truth may (and often is) presented improperly--coarsely, without love or concern, immodestly, or even as a weapon of humiliation--but despite the flaws of the messenger, it can never be denied.

maybe one day, i'll become an acceptable messenger.... or maybe you'll come along and take my place, and do it the right way. but in either case, the message must be delivered. at the very least, i have enough training to recognise this obligation.

Excellent quote - truth always has a touch of beauty to it no matter how it is presented. I was going to argue about the use of truth as a weapon of humiliation - at first it seemed like that would become borderline self-justification if it is being presented with the driving purpose being the desire to humiliate the other rather than bring order, but then I thought that humiliation might just be the painful correction required for that dysfunctional behaviour. Can an action be taken which brings order (i.e correction) when the cause of the action (desiring to humiliate) wasn't functional in the first place? Or would the desire to humiliate arise from the principle of desiring order in the first place and therefore be functional? I'm new to all this so I might be a little confused
berry
Jedi Bonersaber

Re: Pretty Good

Postby Professor » Thu May 10, 2012 8:00 am

bparry wrote:Can an action be taken which brings order (i.e correction) when the cause of the action (desiring to humiliate) wasn't functional in the first place?

No. Function will never spontaneously generate from dysfunction. Order always requires an ordering agent.. This applies to both natural phenomena and social interactions.
social interaction is an interruption.

shape or be shaped.
Professor
Dean of Beatdowns

Previous

Return to Speak Up!