Debate Critique -- Pierce Morgan Vs. Alex Jones

Niggers want to test us? Bring your #2 pencils. Get your webcam, a dry pair of panties, and let's get it the fuck on! Also we interview hos.
Info
Dean of Beatdowns

Debate Critique -- Pierce Morgan Vs. Alex Jones

Post by Info » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:51 pm

social interaction is an interruption.

shape or be shaped.

FruityNigger

Re: Debate Critique -- Pierce Morgan Vs. Alex Jones

Post by FruityNigger » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:45 am

Goddamn that southern guy sounded passionate about his views. When i first heard him raise his voice about protecting his freedom i felt like i wanted to join in on the debate and scream at pierce with him. Listening to the conviction in his voice made me want to side with him. That is, until Plum said he sounded like a lunatic and screaming at Pierce only undermined his position.

It's tragic Alex couldn't rationally debate his sound position against gun control laws because he was getting too emotional. If he wasn't as hot-headed he could've reasonably explained why we should have the right to bear arms and that guns aren't the REAL issue but a symptom of the problem. His argument was like a present with a million dollars inside of it, but the problem with his present was it was wrapped up in spikes.

The debate commentary shed light on what semantics are. I've always heard people say "that's just semantics" when they're debating but i could never find out what the fuck they were talking about. I even looked the word up on dictionary.com and i still couldn't grasp it. I'd imagine myself engaging in a debate with a feminist just itching to tear them apart with my strong reasonable arguments only to be stumped with a "that's just semantics". So semantics are basically getting lost in a tangent while arguing.

In this argument Pierce is focusing on guns being the problem, and the types of guns that should be banned. He's not focusing on why it's gotten so bad people have to use guns in the first place. He's focusing on all the variables subject to change on a whim, there's no direction to his argument. He's not relying on principle to make his argument but on semantics. If we focused on WHY it's gotten so bad that people feel the need to use guns, we'd arrive at ONE ANSWER: Bad Relationships.

And i was always curious as to why Plum demonizes statistics during debate but uses them a lot to expose feminists in the Visitor's Section thread. Turns out he doesn't like using statistics even when they're in his favor.

Info
Dean of Beatdowns

Post by Info » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:49 am

Pacen wrote:So semantics are basically getting lost in a tangent while arguing.
not quite.

shape or be shaped.

Voltron
Small boy from Nigeria

Post by Voltron » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:26 pm

The way you have to look at this is not as a debate; imagine having a national stage (something that's unheard of in tightly controlled media), what would you do, I would've done the same thing, he's passionate about his cause and wanted others to see the "red pill" side of things within the few mins they gave him to speak his mind.

Alex Jones won hands down, Pierce's show was shut-down and he ran back to Britain where he was a wanted man for the phone hacking scandal.

In the end you have to see the situation for what it was, Alex had only a few mins to get people to see the true gravity of the situation and he did it flawlessly. Had he fallen for Pierce's tactics, he would have been led around by the nose answering questions left and right, then sent off camera where the tape would've been cut to make it look like Pierce makes sense and Alex agrees.

Info
Dean of Beatdowns

Post by Info » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:44 pm

Voltron wrote: Alex Jones won hands down
that's sheer fucking idioy. :slapface:

you don't win a debate by threatening to beat someone up who doesn't agree with you. that's actually the fastest way to LOSE a debate. but more importantly, it's a cowardly form of censorship to threaten someone physically when your own ideas are too weak to stand on their own merit.

shape or be shaped.